Except for during my little Emo-phase when I was a teenie, I never really was a big sneakers girl. I used to be Ms Leather Shoes all the way for many years – probably also because I associated sneakers with being a confused teenager – until I moved to Berlin in 2016. During that time I realised how many different sneaker brands and models are out there (besides Vans Slippers) and at some point the mere exposure effect kicked in: I started seeing sneakers everywhere and quickly I couldn’t resist but buy own pair. This is how I rediscovered how it feels to wear truly comfortable shoes, and I obviously loved it! Since then, I keep investing into a new pair of sneakers every now and then. Recently, a new pair joined the family: The Air Max 270 by Nike. In this post I will tell you how to combine them in different ways and why I love them!
There is one particular trend this autumn/winter 2017 that I simply cannot resist: Teddy Fur! Ehhh fur? Don’t worry babes, it’s not made from real Teddybears – so no need to hide your sweet cozy friends. Alright, jokes aside. But next to fake fur and wool coats, which I talked about in my last two blog posts (here and here), this one continues with another type of statement jackets for this season – with the Teddy Coat or Teddy Jacket. Continue Reading
Probably most of you dont even know, but I am currently interning at a company that deals a lot with startups. Part of our job is to acquire clients at the many startup events and meetups. So lately I’ve been exposed to so many inspiring founders that discovered a market gap and are trying to fill it creatively, trying to make things easier for all of us. A lot of the ideas are quite abstract and it’s hard to imagine that one day I actually will be using them in my daily life. But then there are other innovations – the ones you can totally see yourself benefiting from today. One of those startups is Kronaby. A company that I got in contact with through the blog though. And I dont want to be over-enthusiastic, but maybe that sweet connected watch changed my life a little bit.
So, what is a connected watch? You all know the Smart Watch by Apple, which is basically just your phone with a strap and you put it around your wrist. Honestly, it is simply not pretty enough for me to wear, even though it might be practical. A connected watch, like Kronaby, is something inbetween a regular and a smart watch. It looks like a usual watch – needless to say that the design is simply so premium and beautiful – but it has some functionalities of a smart watch. How? Well, the technology inside the watch (sorry cant be any more precise on that, haha) is synchronized with an App through Bluetooth and GPS on your phone, which offers great functions.
Let me get to the point – here are a couple of things you can do with a Kronaby watch:
- Notifications: There are three different type of vibrations you can set as notifications. Select your contacts from which you want to get a vibration when they call or text you. This also works with app notifications, like from Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, Calendar etc. // The vibration is really not annoying, cause its very subtle. You can always customize or turn it off.
- Fitness: You can set a goal of how many km you wanna walk per day and it tells you the percentage you have have reached. There is also a function called „Get moving“ which alarms you to move when you have been sitting to long on your lazy back ;)
- Remember this spot: You can save the location where you are at by pressing on your watch directly on your phone. For example restaurants, where you parked your car, etc.
- Walk me home: This is amazing, especially as a girl when you are out. Select one of your friends as a contact person (s/he needs to download Kronaby Friend App) and send her/him a notification of your location when you are out on your way home – basically, letting them know where you are if they get worried. Also you have a quick function to send that contact person a SOS.
- Other Quick functions: take a picture with your phone camera, turn music on and off, find phone, timer; date; seconds, alarm …
Plus, the developers of the software are constantly optimizing the functions as well as adding new ones. So, it can only get better!
Stop distractions – Stay focused
All of this sounds amazing, I know, but there is a whole philosophy behind the Kronaby concept. A study has found out that we check our phones 85 times a day on average. Well, I guess in my case its even more. And in maybe 70% of the time, actually nothing new has happened. What a waste of time and constant disruption of workflow. But with the Kronaby watch you can make sure that you get notified when there is something important. Like right now – I am writing this post and I have put my phone far away. I will get notified if I really have to look at it, and dont need to check my phone the whole time. It’s just so cool, I love the idea behind it, and I love that it works for me – that is the little but meaningful life change I told you in the beginning about.
If I made you curious, please go ahead and check out their website. There you also find more information, a video, and all their beautiful models.
The last week has been full of events for me – juggling all that next to my internship is not that easy sometimes. Changing outfits in the office bathroom, starting early so I can leave early and rush to the event location… stressful, but exciting at the same time. But soon I will be a student again and hopefully also more flexible with my time management – can I please be a student forever? Continue Reading
The weekend we all have been waiting for – Black Friday and Cyber Weekend has finally arrived and now is the time to spend your money wisely! It’s crazy, so many shops have come up with amazing black friday deals, that I thought it might be a good idea to collect the best black friday deals in one blog post for you. Most of the shops have vouchers of around 20-25%, which is pretty good, especially if you want to invest in a designer piece. I’ve been dreaming about a Chloé Bag for so long, that it is so tempting to just buy now! Oh well, let’s see if I go mad myself this weekend …
Find the best black friday deals and a selection of my favorite picks below
20 % off at Zalando with „BLACKFRIDAY16“
25% off at NA-KD with „BLACKWEEKEND“
20% off at ASOS with „GOGOGO“
20% off Fashionette with „XMAS2016“
50% off selected items at &Other Stories
20% off at MANGO with „BLACK“
Up to 30% off Deals at Edited & AboutYou
30% off at Luisa Via Roma with „BFRW30“
15% Off at Daniel Wellington with „ranhelwa“ + an additional Bracelet for free!
Up to 70% off at Boohoo.com
… more Shops to save money at:
20% off at Sephora
40% off at The Body Shop
20% off at Douglas
25% off at Shopbop
Up to 30% off Sale Items at MyTheresa
Days are getting shorter, temperatures are dropping and it just does not stop raining. Autumn can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, which is why so many of us fall into a kind of „autumn depression“. Because being depressed is obviously no fun, especially when it is caused by a change of season (Hello again, first world problems!), we should do something against falling into such a state of mind. Just as the weather has a psychological effect on us, I believe that the way we dress also affects our well-being. So while it is dark and uncomfortable outside, we can wear clothes that will brighten up our day, simply because we feel comfortable in them or because their colors create some kind of positivity.
Now is the time to prepare for these days, which is why I made a little collage for you with my Autumn Essentials for avoiding autumn depression. All characterized by bright colors (except for the boots… I simply love black boots!!!), and comfy and warm materials.
- Boots, boots and booooooots: The only thing I miss wearing during summer are boots! I am a huge fan of any kind of leather boots and I already found two amazing boots at Zalando and Topshop. I’ve been eyeing them for a while now and think that I will buy at least one of them this season. By the way, you should check out the shoes from Zinda – It’s a pretty cool brand I recently discovered.
- Autumn Outerwear: Since autumn is all about layering, it is not necessary yet to get a super thick jacket. A light long coat or a padded denim jacket are a great pick in that case.
- Cozy Pullovers: I guess we all agree that autumn pullovers have to be cozy and warm. I found a nice selection of bright and comfy pullovers at Bonprix. I’m a big fan of natural colors but a poppy red will boost your mood 2x more!
- Bright and natural Make Up: I know, usually autumn is the time for darker colors, even if it comes to Make-Up. However, just like with your clothing, I feel like a bright and natural Make-Up will remind you of the beautiful summer days. Rosé colors, and again maybe a poppy red, would be the right way to go.
Here is one look from last autumn in order to show you what I mean :)
The Oktoberfest is probably the last thing you would associate me with. After all, I am not the typical German, plus I dont even drink beer! But the Oktoberfest is not only about beer and Currywurst – well, let’s say its more like 90% … with more than 7.4M litres of beer being poured out every year. Like in every big event with loads of people, the residual 10% are about the looks! Yes, there are other important decisions to be made than about what kind of beer you want to drink next, like for example what to wear?! So, this is me taking a fashion-perspective on this topic. While leather pants and a checkered shirt is a must for the male visitors, the traditional clothing for women is the dirndl. It’s super feminin and brings your body in the best shape possible – bye bye little belly, hello pretty décolleté! Today you can find a huge choice of Dirndls to buy from, in all colors and lengths, ranging from low priced to premium priced. I personally think that a Dirndl is such a precious garment that it is definitely worth investing a bit of money in it when deciding to go to the Oktoberfest. A dress like that will last you a couple of Oktoberfest visits when you opt for a higher quality. At the moment many shops have stocked up on their Dirndl selection and I searched a little bit to show you where you could buy some of those beautiful dresses for a reasonable price. I have never been to the Oktoberfest, but if I went, I would probably choose one in a rosé color, because those ones simply look super cute and would match my hair and skincolor best. I have never worn a proper dirndl, but probably it would feel weird in the beginning, being such an exotic-looking person in a dress that is usually associated with blond, German girls. However, I believe just as international as the event is, every girl can wear a dirndl and look supercute in it! ;)
Dirndl from Krueger Dirndl
Post made in friendly collaboration with Peek&Cloppenburg Düsseldorf
We people love to generalize. Generalizing simply makes things easier, because yea, we have to think less. But whenever we generalize, all the little details get lost – and it’s the small things in life that make it so beautiful. The almost unnoticable characteristics that make your best friend, your best friend. The special ingredient in your pasta arrabiata, that makes it outstanding. Same, same but different. I could actually spend hours talking about this characteristic so inherent to us human beings and all the consequences that come along with it. However, this post is about bag styles. HAHA. Okay where is the connection? Well, I’m just saying, there are so many different bags, that it’s almost a shame calling each bag style simply „bag“, right?
I understand, to most of us a bag is a bag. But let us take a moment and appreciate the different bag styles that exist out there and call them by their real names. You might learn to appreciate them more, plus you have new knowledge to brag about, à la „I bought a new bag today… a bucket bag!“. Don’t worry if you do not know their names yet, the guys from Zalando Lounge created a cool infographic with the most important bag styles you should know. In fact, I also had to educate myself a little bit and so I had a look at my favorite bags and tried to distinguish a little bit. Doing that, I realized that most of my bags are rectangle-shaped – I guess that’s mah thiiiiiiing. Even among the rectangly bags, we can differentiate though… so let’s see!
-English translation below-
Es ist mal wieder Zeit für einen Beauty Post! Ich bin auf dem Gebiet keinesfalls ein totaler Pro und Schminkverrückt bin ich auch echt überhaupt nicht, aber ich bin jemand der gutes Make-Up auf jeden Fall wertschätzt und sich immer wieder freut ein gutes Produkt zu entdecken. Kürzlich bin ich zwar einer kleinen Obsession über dunkle Lippenstifte verfallen, aber generell stehe ich auf den natürlichen Look à la weniger ist mehr. Da ich mir gerne immer umhöre was andere Mädels so benutzen, dachte ich mir, zeige ich euch auch mal was ich zur Zeit so nutze.
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer No. 25 – Ich benutze diesen Concealer jetzt schon seit fast zwei Jahren und es ist definitiv der beste den ich jemals genutzt habe. Der Farbton passt perfekt, die Deckkraft ist ausreichend und die Flasche hält bei mir über ein halbes Jahr. Gemischt mit einer Feuchtigkeitscreme kann man auch eine leichte Foundation daraus machen.
- Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara – Ich habe ziemlich gerade Wimpern und muss deshalb immer eine Wimpernzange nutzen um da etwas Schwung rein zu bekommen. Jedoch wenn der Mascara diesen Schwung nicht festigt, kehren meine Wimpern direkt wieder in den geraden Zustand zurück. Der gebogene Kamm der Dior Mascara und die Tatsache dass sie schnell trocknet verhindert dies doch. Love itttt
- YSL Black Opium – Ich glaube das ist der unwiderstehlichste Duft überhaupt! Zur Zeit mein absoluter Lieblingsduft wenn ich abends rausgehe – für tagsüber finde ich ihn jedoch zu stark. Und super praktisch für unterwegs sind diese kleinen Duftzerstäuber… wenn man mal wieder den ganzen Zigarettengestank in den Clubs überdecken muss…
- Mac Soar Lipliner und Lipstick Primer – Ich liebe matte Lippen, deshalb finde ich Lipliner auch einfach so klasse. Mein absoluter Lieblingston für tagsüber ist Soar von Mac. Es ist genau der richtige Roséton der zu meiner Haut passt. Seit neustem benutze ich auch einen Primer für unten drunter, denn damit hält der Lipliner nicht nur länger, sondern die Lippen werden dadurch auch viel weicher.
EN: Its time for a beauty post! I am really not a pro or a make-up addict or the like, but I am a person who appreciates good make-up and is always happy about discovering new, good products. Recently, however, I kinda fell into an obsession about dark lipsticks, but generally I prefer a natural make-up à la less is more. Since I am always curious to know what products other girls use, I thought it might be interesting if I share my beauty favorites with you!
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer No. 25 – I’ve been using this concealer now for almost two years and I think its definitely the best one I used so far. The tone is perfect, it has a high coverage and the content lasts for more than half a year. Mixed with a little bit of moisturizer you can also used it as a light foundation.
- Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara – My eyelashes are quite straight and thus I always need to use an eyelash curler to achieve a nice swing. However, if my mascara fails to fix that swing, they will fall back into their straight shape. Thanks to the curved brush of this Dior mascara and its fast-drying content, this is not the case anymore.
- YSL Black Opium – I feel like this is the most irresistible scent ever! Its currently my absolute favorite for going out at night – though it is too strong for during the day I think. Since you cannot always take the big bottle in your tiny purse though, it is practical to have these tiny flasks to be filled with perfume… and they look quite cute ;)
- Mac Soar Lipliner and Lipstick Primer – I love matt lips, and the best thing to achieve these are using lipliners. My absolute favorite is Soar by Mac, as its simply the perfect rose tone matching my skin. Recently I discovered how amazing lip primers are, as they make the lipliner stay much longer and also make your lips appear much smoother!