The last week has been full of events for me – juggling all that next to my internship is not that easy sometimes. Changing outfits in the office bathroom, starting early so I can leave early and rush to the event location… stressful, but exciting at the same time. But soon I will be a student again and hopefully also more flexible with my time management – can I please be a student forever? Continue Reading
The weekend we all have been waiting for – Black Friday and Cyber Weekend has finally arrived and now is the time to spend your money wisely! It’s crazy, so many shops have come up with amazing black friday deals, that I thought it might be a good idea to collect the best black friday deals in one blog post for you. Most of the shops have vouchers of around 20-25%, which is pretty good, especially if you want to invest in a designer piece. I’ve been dreaming about a Chloé Bag for so long, that it is so tempting to just buy now! Oh well, let’s see if I go mad myself this weekend …
Find the best black friday deals and a selection of my favorite picks below
20 % off at Zalando with „BLACKFRIDAY16“
25% off at NA-KD with „BLACKWEEKEND“
20% off at ASOS with „GOGOGO“
20% off Fashionette with „XMAS2016“
50% off selected items at &Other Stories
20% off at MANGO with „BLACK“
Up to 30% off Deals at Edited & AboutYou
30% off at Luisa Via Roma with „BFRW30“
15% Off at Daniel Wellington with „ranhelwa“ + an additional Bracelet for free!
Up to 70% off at Boohoo.com
… more Shops to save money at:
20% off at Sephora
40% off at The Body Shop
20% off at Douglas
25% off at Shopbop
Up to 30% off Sale Items at MyTheresa
Days are getting shorter, temperatures are dropping and it just does not stop raining. Autumn can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, which is why so many of us fall into a kind of „autumn depression“. Because being depressed is obviously no fun, especially when it is caused by a change of season (Hello again, first world problems!), we should do something against falling into such a state of mind. Just as the weather has a psychological effect on us, I believe that the way we dress also affects our well-being. So while it is dark and uncomfortable outside, we can wear clothes that will brighten up our day, simply because we feel comfortable in them or because their colors create some kind of positivity.
Now is the time to prepare for these days, which is why I made a little collage for you with my Autumn Essentials for avoiding autumn depression. All characterized by bright colors (except for the boots… I simply love black boots!!!), and comfy and warm materials.
- Boots, boots and booooooots: The only thing I miss wearing during summer are boots! I am a huge fan of any kind of leather boots and I already found two amazing boots at Zalando and Topshop. I’ve been eyeing them for a while now and think that I will buy at least one of them this season. By the way, you should check out the shoes from Zinda – It’s a pretty cool brand I recently discovered.
- Autumn Outerwear: Since autumn is all about layering, it is not necessary yet to get a super thick jacket. A light long coat or a padded denim jacket are a great pick in that case.
- Cozy Pullovers: I guess we all agree that autumn pullovers have to be cozy and warm. I found a nice selection of bright and comfy pullovers at Bonprix. I’m a big fan of natural colors but a poppy red will boost your mood 2x more!
- Bright and natural Make Up: I know, usually autumn is the time for darker colors, even if it comes to Make-Up. However, just like with your clothing, I feel like a bright and natural Make-Up will remind you of the beautiful summer days. Rosé colors, and again maybe a poppy red, would be the right way to go.
Here is one look from last autumn in order to show you what I mean :)
The Oktoberfest is probably the last thing you would associate me with. After all, I am not the typical German, plus I dont even drink beer! But the Oktoberfest is not only about beer and Currywurst – well, let’s say its more like 90% … with more than 7.4M litres of beer being poured out every year. Like in every big event with loads of people, the residual 10% are about the looks! Yes, there are other important decisions to be made than about what kind of beer you want to drink next, like for example what to wear?! So, this is me taking a fashion-perspective on this topic. While leather pants and a checkered shirt is a must for the male visitors, the traditional clothing for women is the dirndl. It’s super feminin and brings your body in the best shape possible – bye bye little belly, hello pretty décolleté! Today you can find a huge choice of Dirndls to buy from, in all colors and lengths, ranging from low priced to premium priced. I personally think that a Dirndl is such a precious garment that it is definitely worth investing a bit of money in it when deciding to go to the Oktoberfest. A dress like that will last you a couple of Oktoberfest visits when you opt for a higher quality. At the moment many shops have stocked up on their Dirndl selection and I searched a little bit to show you where you could buy some of those beautiful dresses for a reasonable price. I have never been to the Oktoberfest, but if I went, I would probably choose one in a rosé color, because those ones simply look super cute and would match my hair and skincolor best. I have never worn a proper dirndl, but probably it would feel weird in the beginning, being such an exotic-looking person in a dress that is usually associated with blond, German girls. However, I believe just as international as the event is, every girl can wear a dirndl and look supercute in it! ;)
Dirndl from Krueger Dirndl
Post made in friendly collaboration with Peek&Cloppenburg Düsseldorf
We people love to generalize. Generalizing simply makes things easier, because yea, we have to think less. But whenever we generalize, all the little details get lost – and it’s the small things in life that make it so beautiful. The almost unnoticable characteristics that make your best friend, your best friend. The special ingredient in your pasta arrabiata, that makes it outstanding. Same, same but different. I could actually spend hours talking about this characteristic so inherent to us human beings and all the consequences that come along with it. However, this post is about bag styles. HAHA. Okay where is the connection? Well, I’m just saying, there are so many different bags, that it’s almost a shame calling each bag style simply „bag“, right?
I understand, to most of us a bag is a bag. But let us take a moment and appreciate the different bag styles that exist out there and call them by their real names. You might learn to appreciate them more, plus you have new knowledge to brag about, à la „I bought a new bag today… a bucket bag!“. Don’t worry if you do not know their names yet, the guys from Zalando Lounge created a cool infographic with the most important bag styles you should know. In fact, I also had to educate myself a little bit and so I had a look at my favorite bags and tried to distinguish a little bit. Doing that, I realized that most of my bags are rectangle-shaped – I guess that’s mah thiiiiiiing. Even among the rectangly bags, we can differentiate though… so let’s see!
-English translation below-
Es ist mal wieder Zeit für einen Beauty Post! Ich bin auf dem Gebiet keinesfalls ein totaler Pro und Schminkverrückt bin ich auch echt überhaupt nicht, aber ich bin jemand der gutes Make-Up auf jeden Fall wertschätzt und sich immer wieder freut ein gutes Produkt zu entdecken. Kürzlich bin ich zwar einer kleinen Obsession über dunkle Lippenstifte verfallen, aber generell stehe ich auf den natürlichen Look à la weniger ist mehr. Da ich mir gerne immer umhöre was andere Mädels so benutzen, dachte ich mir, zeige ich euch auch mal was ich zur Zeit so nutze.
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer No. 25 – Ich benutze diesen Concealer jetzt schon seit fast zwei Jahren und es ist definitiv der beste den ich jemals genutzt habe. Der Farbton passt perfekt, die Deckkraft ist ausreichend und die Flasche hält bei mir über ein halbes Jahr. Gemischt mit einer Feuchtigkeitscreme kann man auch eine leichte Foundation daraus machen.
- Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara – Ich habe ziemlich gerade Wimpern und muss deshalb immer eine Wimpernzange nutzen um da etwas Schwung rein zu bekommen. Jedoch wenn der Mascara diesen Schwung nicht festigt, kehren meine Wimpern direkt wieder in den geraden Zustand zurück. Der gebogene Kamm der Dior Mascara und die Tatsache dass sie schnell trocknet verhindert dies doch. Love itttt
- YSL Black Opium – Ich glaube das ist der unwiderstehlichste Duft überhaupt! Zur Zeit mein absoluter Lieblingsduft wenn ich abends rausgehe – für tagsüber finde ich ihn jedoch zu stark. Und super praktisch für unterwegs sind diese kleinen Duftzerstäuber… wenn man mal wieder den ganzen Zigarettengestank in den Clubs überdecken muss…
- Mac Soar Lipliner und Lipstick Primer – Ich liebe matte Lippen, deshalb finde ich Lipliner auch einfach so klasse. Mein absoluter Lieblingston für tagsüber ist Soar von Mac. Es ist genau der richtige Roséton der zu meiner Haut passt. Seit neustem benutze ich auch einen Primer für unten drunter, denn damit hält der Lipliner nicht nur länger, sondern die Lippen werden dadurch auch viel weicher.
EN: Its time for a beauty post! I am really not a pro or a make-up addict or the like, but I am a person who appreciates good make-up and is always happy about discovering new, good products. Recently, however, I kinda fell into an obsession about dark lipsticks, but generally I prefer a natural make-up à la less is more. Since I am always curious to know what products other girls use, I thought it might be interesting if I share my beauty favorites with you!
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer No. 25 – I’ve been using this concealer now for almost two years and I think its definitely the best one I used so far. The tone is perfect, it has a high coverage and the content lasts for more than half a year. Mixed with a little bit of moisturizer you can also used it as a light foundation.
- Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara – My eyelashes are quite straight and thus I always need to use an eyelash curler to achieve a nice swing. However, if my mascara fails to fix that swing, they will fall back into their straight shape. Thanks to the curved brush of this Dior mascara and its fast-drying content, this is not the case anymore.
- YSL Black Opium – I feel like this is the most irresistible scent ever! Its currently my absolute favorite for going out at night – though it is too strong for during the day I think. Since you cannot always take the big bottle in your tiny purse though, it is practical to have these tiny flasks to be filled with perfume… and they look quite cute ;)
- Mac Soar Lipliner and Lipstick Primer – I love matt lips, and the best thing to achieve these are using lipliners. My absolute favorite is Soar by Mac, as its simply the perfect rose tone matching my skin. Recently I discovered how amazing lip primers are, as they make the lipliner stay much longer and also make your lips appear much smoother!